Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doom and Discovery

I am starting to be less excited about South Asia. Do you know how many shots I have to get? Hmmm? 11. Well, 10 shots and 1 TB skin test, but still, I have to get poked with a needle so 11. That's so many shots that two nurses stand on either side of me and stab at the same time. I have never fainted or thrown up at the sight of needles, but this time I was definitely nauseous. Friday was our first clinic. Three down, 8 more to go. Yesterday, I received an email saying that the medical department had an early shipment of flu mist. Guess where there has recently been an outbreak of the flu? South Asia! On top of all those shots, I have to shoot liquid up my nose. I think that might be worse. Or at least the idea of it is... Sigh.

But that's enough complaining. On to something more interesting. Last Friday, we also found out our personality types according to the Meyers Briggs test. I am an ISFP.

I: Many of you may be surprised to learn that I scored pretty high on the Introvert scale. :) 22 out of 30.
Being an introvert does not have to mean that you are shy (although I am), it just means you get more energy from being alone than with people.

S is for Sensory: S people define situations by what their 5 senses tell them. This definitely describes me. I tend to interpret things very literally. I don't particularly like sitting around discussing symbolism.

F is for Feeling: feelers make decisions based on how the people around them will respond to it. They also try to avoid conflict. My score on this trait was pretty high as well.

P is for Perceiving: I was only a 6 on the perceiving side. Basically, it means I'm not particularly organized and I don't make very detailed plans. The example given was someone planning a vacation. My plan would be: Go to a New Zealand. Stay for 2 weeks. Do whatever sounds fun/ is affordable. The opposite of that is someone who would meticulously plan every detail. I can do that if I have to. I just usually don't.

Anyway, it was a really interesting seminar. My roommate in India is an ESFJ, which I think will be helpful. She can make friends and plans. :p I will be the one who (hopefully) remains calm when all our plans go out the window.

1 comment:

  1. Brian was telling me about this test! I want to take it! Man, all those shots! :( Makes me feel iffy just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete