Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thoughts...

What I learned about overseas travel so far. You should not drink the water or eat any of the food, and probably go ahead and bring your own oxygen tank just in case (Note the sarcasm on that last part). You should also not wade through any water, because there is a parasite that enters the body through the pores on your feet that can cause liver and bladder damage. (Attempting to avoid standing water will be great fun during the rainy season I'm sure.)

If you happen to be riding in a taxi and the driver hits a cow, throw some money in the backseat and run. If you happen to be riding in a taxi and the driver hits a person, place some money in the backseat and walk away briskly. 

And don't even get me started on women's health. Not that this is strictly applicable to living overseas, but so far I've learned that short, blond haired, blue-eyed women are more likely to get several different types of cancers and osteoporosis. I would like to make it perfectly clear that my eyes are GREEN. Thank you.

Now on to better news, today we got to eat out at an Indian restaurant. It's called India K' Raja and it was good. I had:
mattar paneer - cheese cubes with peas in an onion and tomato sauce
vegetable kapora - apparently a ball of fried vegetables
tandoori chicken
chicken curry
rice
naan - amazing flat bread. If you've never had any you should go immediately to your nearest Indian restaurant and get some. 
masala dosa - spiced potatoes wrapped something similar to a pancake. That was odd because the dosa I've had before was wrapped in thin crispy bread, but whatever. 
gulab jamun - something like ball of pancake soaked in syrup, (the one thing I really didn't like)
mango ice cream 
chai- I'm told that chai in India is much better but I liked it anyway.

If that sounds like a lot of food, it was. But I ate small portions, it was mostly amazing, and I'm not eating dinner. Also, I plan to jog tonight if it stops raining. They say there's a drought going on in VA but it's rained almost 3 days per week since I got here...

Getting more and more excited for traveling!

1 comment:

  1. If it only rained three days a week there literally would be a drought in Wales... it rains nearly everyday. Once I had coconut nan..revolutionized my life.

    ReplyDelete